Thursday, June 5, 2008

JOAN JETT BLASTS BRITNEY SPEARS COVER OF 'I LOVE ROCK N' ROLL

Rock icon Joan Jett has blasted Britney Spears for covering her track I Love Rock N' Roll - because she isn't convinced the pop star is a fan of rock music.

The 1970s rocker, who recorded the track in 1982, is confused by the star's choice to cover her song in 2002, and admits she has never even taken the time to listen to her version of the track.

She says, "I've never even heard Britney's version. I mean, I've obviously heard about it, but I never understood that whole idea.

"I mean, people usually cover a song that says something about them, but I doubt she loves rock 'n' roll. Maybe she likes songs."

Discuss this topic and more at OLD SCHOOL METAL - GLAM - HAIR METAL - HARD ROCK

1 comment:

Viv said...

I don't know why Joan Jett should care. She didn't write it or do the original version. It's an Arrows song, recorded and written by the band in 1975. The song has been covered by lots of people, in many different ways.