Friday, May 30, 2008

Jani Lane Reports on First Warrant Reunion Shows



Wow, what a fricken relief!

About a week before the shows my "myspace" was literally humming with excitement! I had the pleasure of having my daughter, Madison attend the first show. Trust me...there is no more honest critic than the 10 year old who thinks of you as "the old guy who takes her to school!" All things considered, I thought the 1st show went pretty well. No major equipment problems and the crowd was great. We definitely fed off the energy the audience fed us.

As crazy-fast as the day in Nashville went, it almost shifted into slow motion for me on stage. I caught myself mentally drifting down memory lane while my voice and body must have been in some kind of auto-pilot mode...very surreal! I would look around at the guys and get flashes of the Sunset Strip (circa '87 or so) starving, hoping, praying and having a hell of a good time! Memories of recording, touring, laughing and crying together! It really made me think, "holy shit...we have been through the mill together!" and let me tell you folks something...I am not a wuss but for the five of us to be standing on stage together sounding that good...everyone healthy and happy...I nearly welled up several times! I never let it show though...mostly because, if I did, I'd have to kick my own ass for being a wimp!

At one point my 10 year old ran out on stage to tell me goodbye and that it was her bed time...I was so into the show I almost had her removed by security! LOL!! Just kidding. I did, however, get a "hey dad...you were really good tonight." from her later on.

All I can say is it was truly a night I will never forget. A real mile-stone...if you will. Oh, and by the way....the next night in Walker...was even better! See you this summer...let's all make it a kick-ass rock-n-roll one to remember!!!!

Jani Lane

Courtesy of WARRANTMYSPACE

Discuss this topic and more at OLD SCHOOL METAL - GLAM - HAIR METAL - HARD ROCK

No comments: